Last Updated: 03/05/21
Personal Information Collected
While visiting our websites and applications we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Internet Data: IP address, device ID, browser type, browsing history, website interactions, cookies and web beacons.
Additionally, when you create a Homie account or use our Services, we may collect the following additional personal information from you:
- Personal Identifiers: Full name, email address, phone number, physical address, mailing address, social security number, and driver’s license number.
- Protected Information: Date of birth and marital status.
- Commercial Information: Prior address, financial history, loan transaction details, credit score, co-buyer information, bank account number, bank statements, credit card information, credit score, current insurance information, and tax returns.
- Employment Information: Annual income and employment status.
- Inferences: Social network profiles and inferences from those profiles.
This information may be collected from you in the following ways.
- Interactions with Our Websites & Applications: You provide us with personal information when you create or login to your account via our websites or applications. Additionally, we automatically collect data based on how you use our websites and applications utilizing cookies and other analytics tools.
- Direct Communications with Us: You provide us with personal information when you contact our customer service representatives through email or phone.
- Real Estate & Financial Transactions: You provide us with personal information when you request to prequalify or refinance a loan, complete loan documentation, or engage in other Homie Services.
- Other Sources: Information which may be received from other sources such as social media platforms and third party providers.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Essential: These cookies are required to use our Services. For example, they are necessary to access our website and login to your account.
- Performance: These cookies track how you interact with our website. For example, these cookies let us know which pages on our website load slowly or are not optimized for mobile use. We use this information to make improvements to our user experience.
- Functionality: These cookies track information about you to make using our website easier. For example, we may retain information such as your browser and language preferences.
Usage of Personal Information
Homie uses the personal information collected from you for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To provide you with Services and customer support;
- To operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process transactions, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, and (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices;
- For internal marketing purposes;
- To monitor, analyze, improve and develop our Services and to create and test new Service features;
- To provide a more customized user experience;
- To validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- To comply with laws, rules and regulations; and
- For any other purpose for which you expressly authorize us to use your information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Homie does not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third-party processors to provide you with Services. For example, if you choose to request a loan, your personal information may be transmitted to mortgage brokers and credit reporting agencies to complete the task you requested through the Services.
You may receive emails and text messages (collectively, “Communications”) from Homie for a variety of reasons. You can manage your receipt of certain communication by following the instructions included in communication or by modifying your notification preferences under Account Settings. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain communications, we may still contact you with important transactional or administrative information.
Storage, Security and Retention of Information
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal identification information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed. Please do your part in protecting your personal information against unauthorized use. Keep your account password safe and confidential, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Also scan your computer regularly for viruses, malware, and spyware.
By using our Services, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending an email to you. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic notice of a data breach, please email us at email@example.com
Homie does not knowingly collect personal information from any person under the age of 16. If you use our Services, you represent that you are at least the age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction of your place of residence. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the minor’s information.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of certain states or countries, you may have the right to:
- Obtain information regarding the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information;
- Access the personal information we have obtained about you, if any;
- Correct your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Request an electronic copy of your personal information; and/or
- Object to or opt out of the use of your personal information for certain purposes.
To submit a privacy subject request, please contact us at email@example.com. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and verification process. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify personal information that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your applicable privacy rights requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise these rights.
Homie Loans, LLC
10355 South Jordan Gateway, #525
South Jordan, UT 84095
(385) 429-6888, option 2